Lakeshore Legal Aid serves low-income people, seniors, and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in a holistic manner to address clients’ legal issues and improve our communities. Lakeshore provides free direct legal representation in southeast Michigan and the thumb and client intake, advice, and brief legal services throughout Michigan via our attorney-staffed hotline. Our practice areas include housing, family, consumer, elder, education, and public benefits law.
Lakeshore Legal Aid has an opening for a full-time Employee Relations Coordinator in our Warren office. The Employee Relations Coordinator will work closely with the Employee Relations Generalist and report directly to the Chief Operating Officer. This position provides administrative support to the human resources operations day-to-day function as needed.
- Assists the Human Resources Department in carrying out various HR programs and
- Responsible for recruitment with a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Posts positions on job boards, schedules interviews, and collects professional references of candidates upon
- Coordinates and schedules new hire orientation with presenters and
- Assists with onboarding new employees by ensuring background checks are completed, reference checks are received, and personnel records are
- Runs ad hoc reports, audits, submits and tracks benefit enrollment/changes to
- Maintains personnel files, I-9 Files, and compliance
- Responds to employee’s inquiries and escalates employee concerns, to the Employee Relations Generalist or Chief Operating
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical
- Performs other related duties as
- High School Diploma/GED is Some college courses in the field of human resources at an accredited educational institution is preferred.
- Possess at least 3 years’ experience in a Human Resources
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service
- Ability to work independently and
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to
- Working understanding of human resources principles, practices and
- Basic knowledge of federal, state, and local employment
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Job Boards, HRIS systems or related
- Computer literate with in-depth knowledge of MS Office with an emphasis in
- Demonstrate professional behavior, teamwork and
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and stressful
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and includes excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and personal time.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume at our website www.lakeshorelegalaid.org
** Applications will be accepted until 5 pm, April 30, 2021, or until the position is filled, whichever is sooner. **
LLA values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.