Lakeshore Legal Aid serves low-income people, seniors, and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in a holistic manner to address clients’ legal issues and improve our communities. Lakeshore provides free direct legal representation in southeast Michigan and the thumb and client intake, advice, and brief legal services throughout Michigan via our attorney-staffed hotline. Our practice areas include housing, family, consumer, elder, education, and public benefits law.
The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for the production of accurate, complete, and timely financial statements and compliance reporting. The Senior Staff Accountant will treat clients, coworkers, and others with dignity and respect. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Monitor and forecast cash flow
- Assure proper revenue recognition and allowable costs analysis
- Produce complete financial statements
- Balance statements, reconcile accounts, cost allocations, cash management and fixed asset (FA) accounting
- Fiscal grant-writing and compliance reporting, including budget and revisions
- Budget preparation and analysis
- Responsible for the necessary and mandatory audits
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by the CFO, a director, CEO, or a CEO designee
- Bachelor’s degree with five (5) years of relevant experience, non-profit grant compliance experience is preferred
- Strong general ledger skill set through financial statement preparation
- Clear, effective, oral and written communication style
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Competent issue identification and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with various technologies and adapting to new software. Proficient at Microsoft 365 and Excel. Experience with Sage Intacct accounting software and Salesforce preferred.
- Perform their job responsibilities effectively, efficiently and on their own initiative
Starting annual salary for a Senior Staff Accountant is $70,000 and is commensurate with qualifications and includes excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, and paid time off.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume at our website www.lakeshorelegalaid.org
*Do not delay. Applications will be accepted until December 12, 2022, or until the position is filled. *
LLA values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.