Lakeshore Legal Aid serves low-income people, seniors, and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in a holistic manner to address clients’ legal issues and improve our communities. Lakeshore provides free direct legal representation in southeast Michigan and the thumb and client intake, advice, and brief legal services throughout Michigan via our attorney-staffed hotline. Our practice areas include housing, family, consumer, elder, education, and public benefits law.
Lakeshore Legal Aid is a non-profit 501(c)3 law firm and has an opening for a full-time Staff Accountant in our Warren, MI office. Staff accountants support Lakeshore’s staff over our 10+ law offices in Metro Detroit including support staff, attorneys, and administrative staff. Staff accountants will treat clients, co-workers, and others with dignity and respect.
General Task Areas:
- Prepare accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and general ledger journal entries
- Produce complete financial statements
- Balance statements, reconcile accounts, cost allocations, cash management and FA accounting
- Fiscal grant-writing and compliance reporting, including budget and revisions
- Budget preparation and analysis
- Audit assistance
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to serving the indigent and senior populations with their civil legal needs
- Bachelor’s degree with two (2) years of relevant experience
- Non-profit grant compliance experience is preferred
- Strong general ledger skill set through financial statement preparation
- Clear, effective, oral and written communication style
- Competent issue identification and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with various technologies and adopting to new software.
- Proficient at Microsoft 365 and Excel.
- Experience with Sage Intacct accounting software and Salesforce preferred.
- Perform their job responsibilities effectively, efficiently and on their own initiative
Starting annual salary ranges from $52,500 to $67,500 and is commensurate with qualifications. Salary includes excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and personal time.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume at our website www.lakeshorelegalaid.org
** Do not delay. Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2022, or until the position is filled. **
LLA values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.