Lakeshore Legal Aid serves low-income people, seniors, and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in a holistic manner to address clients’ legal issues and improve our communities. Lakeshore provides free direct legal representation in southeast Michigan and the thumb and client intake, advice, and brief legal services throughout Michigan via our attorney-staffed hotline. Our practice areas include housing, family, consumer, elder, education, and public benefits law.
LLA is seeking a dedicated lawyer who will advocate and litigate on behalf of low-income and senior clients. Staff attorneys will be responsible for representing clients in a holistic manner to achieve clients’ goals through advocacy including litigation. In addition to individual client representation, staff attorneys are expected to be active in the community through participation in outreach and community organizations. Staff attorneys will treat clients, co-workers, and others with dignity and respect.
- Provide high quality legal representation to clients in accordance with LLA’s Advocacy Manual and Rules of Professional
- Represent clients in litigation, administrative advocacy, and other advocacy
- Engage in appellate work, complex, and major
- Identify, develop, and implement advocacy strategies to address systemic legal
- Provide counselling, advice, and other brief services and
- Participate in client outreach and community
- Ensure compliance with funding
- Other duties as
- Juris Doctor
- Admission to Michigan Bar
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest or pro bono work
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work under pressure
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and includes excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and personal time.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume at our website www.lakeshorelegalaid.org
** Applications will be accepted until 5 pm, March 19, 2021, or until the position is filled, whichever is sooner. **
LLA values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.