Position: Legal Aid of Western Michigan (LAWM) has a position open for a Staff Attorney in its Muskegon office.
Organization: LAWM represents low-income and senior clients in a wide variety of poverty law areas including domestic violence, housing, public benefits, and consumer issues. LAWM is a regional law firm that covers 17 counties. The Muskegon office covers Lake, Mason, Newaygo, Oceana, and Osceola counties.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess:
- A license to practice law in Michigan or be eligible to be admitted by waiver, or to become licensed within 5 months;
- Three or more years of experience practicing law, preferably with a legal services program;
- Experience in the areas of family law, housing law, public benefits, and/or consumer issues;
- Demonstrated commitment to provide access to justice for low-income individuals and households; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Spanish Language proficiency is valued.
- Manage a litigation caseload, including, but not limited to, family law, housing law, consumer law & public benefits cases;
- Successfully manage multiple tasks; and
- Build collaborative relationships within the community.
Salary/Benefits: From $51,250 DOE. This position includes a $1,200 annual stipend for an individual who is bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish. LAWM offers an excellent fringe benefit package including a retirement plan and a flex benefit account.
LAWM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Application deadline: June 8, 2020