Position: Legal Aid of Western Michigan (LAWM) has a position open for a Staff Attorney in its St Joseph office.
Organization: LAWM represents low-income and senior clients in a wide variety of poverty law areas including domestic violence, housing, public benefits, and consumer issues. LAWM is a regional law firm that covers 17 counties. The office in St Joseph covers only Berrien County. The office is located in downtown St Joseph along the shores of Lake Michigan.
Qualifications - The ideal candidate will possess:
- A license to practice law in Michigan or eligible to be admitted by waiver, or to become licensed within 8 months;
- Experience in the areas of family law, housing law, public benefits, and consumer issues;
- Demonstrated commitment to provide access to justice for low-income individuals and households; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Spanish Language proficiency is valued.
- Manage a litigation caseload, including but not limited to, family law, housing law, consumer law, and public benefits cases;
- Successfully manage multiple tasks; and
- Build collaborative relationships within the community.
Salary/Benefits: From $49,321 depending on experience. We offer an additional $1,200 annual stipend for an individual who is bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish. LAWM offers an excellent fringe benefit package including a retirement plan and a flex benefit account.
LAWM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TO APPLY, send resume and cover letter to Executive Assistant Julia Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: October 27, 2021