Lakeshore Legal Aid serves low-income people, seniors, and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in a holistic manner to address clients’ legal issues and improve our communities. Lakeshore provides free direct legal representation in southeast Michigan and the thumb and client intake, advice, and brief legal services throughout Michigan via our attorney-staffed hotline. Our practice areas include housing, family, consumer, elder, education, and public benefits law.
Lakeshore Legal Aid has an opening for a full-time Office Administrator in our Systemic Advocacy office in Detroit, MI. Our offices vary in staff size and specific needs. The Office Administrator supports our dedicated staff who advocate and litigate on behalf of low-income and senior clients. Office Administrators will treat clients, co-workers and others with dignity and respect.
- General - Answer telephones: provide information or direct calls to the appropriate person or agency. Greet office visitors and clients. Schedule and confirm appointments. Establish a respectful working relationship with vendors and contractors to resolve any concerns or issues. Make sure any incoming fax documentation is distributed
- Mail - Retrieve the mail, sort, distribute, and process outgoing mail. Take outgoing mail to post office and replenish postage for
- Financial - Petty Cash, bank deposits, and reconciliations. Order office supplies and submit vendor
- Client Files & Documents - As instructed: create, file, or retrieve client files, assist in preparing other documents, drop off or pick-up court documents from the courthouse and use the database system for data entry for client case information. File and organize closed files within the office area. Shred any documents and files as instructed according to the agency’s
- Operation of Office Equipment - Computers, multi-functional machines, telephones and audio/visual
- Provide additional administrative and clerical support as
- Minimum 2 years of administrative and/or office support
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Ability to determine and apply priorities and be a problem solver; however, can recognize when to seek guidance from
- Must be able to communicate effectively, be empathetic and understand that our clients are a diverse representation of the
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Edge (formerly IE), along with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills are essential as well as the ability to exercise discretion when processing confidential
- Ability to work independently or collaborate with co-workers and a willingness to adapt to changing office
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to attend mandatory meetings/trainings.
- Potential hires are subject to a background
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and includes excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and personal time.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume at our website www.lakeshorelegalaid.org
** Applications will be accepted until 5 pm, March 19, 2021, or until the position is filled, whichever is sooner. **
LLA values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.