Lakeshore Legal Aid serves low-income people, seniors, and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in a holistic manner to address clients’ legal issues and improve our communities. Lakeshore provides free direct legal representation in southeast Michigan and the thumb and client intake, advice, and brief legal services throughout Michigan via our attorney-staffed hotline. Our practice areas include housing, family, consumer, elder, education, and public benefits law.
Lakeshore is seeking a Temporary Director of Staff Development to support and develop staff skills and substantive knowledge for Lakeshore’s attorney, management, and support staff. The position offers an opportunity to shape the learning experience and impact the culture of our organization within a unique working environment and through rewarding and meaningful work. The office is in Southfield, Michigan, but due to the current COVID-19 pandemic will begin work on a remote basis. All staff will treat clients, co- workers, and others with dignity and respect. The position is temporary through at least December 30, 2021.
- Planning internal trainings for Lakeshore
- Coordinating and approving external trainings for Lakeshore
- Provide notice of available resources and training including maintaining the Lakeshore training
- Creating onboarding content for new staff and managing the onboarding
- Supporting staff in their development goals.
- Participation in external and internal development coordination planning
- Managing the Lakeshore resource
- Ability to manage individual staff training needs and while also maintaining organization
- Other duties as
- Juris Doctor strongly
- Proven commitment to diversity, equity and
- Experience creating and managing education and skill improvement curriculum for staff with wide ranging
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest or pro bono
- Excellent communication and time management
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work under
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and includes excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and personal time.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume at our website www.lakeshorelegalaid.org
** Applications will be accepted until 5 pm, March 26, 2021, or until the position is filled, whichever is sooner. **
LLA values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.