|Job Title: Onsite Outreach Staff Attorney- Flint Office||Status: Full time employee--exempt|
|Department: Legal Services||Salary/Hourly: Salary|
|Reports to: Directing Attorney||Wkly Hrs: 40 hours - Monday through Friday - flexible schedule required at times|
|Dates: 12 months due to grant funding with the anticipation of continuation based on funding availability|
With established supervision, the Onsite Outreach Staff Attorney is responsible for the Flint Office’s day to day administration of the North Flint Immersion Service Project. They ensure that LSEM clients they serve receive uniform, high quality advocacy through holistic intake services and follow up legal assistance, as appropriate. The position is primarily responsible for managing existing relationships with organizations (currently that have constituencies which are in need of legal services. Position Applicants must be efficient and comfortable being a member of a team working on a wide range of tasks, special initiatives, and projects for the program. It is essential that this position multi-task, while maintaining multiple complex schedules. The ideal candidate is resourceful and organized. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Provide superior internal and external customer service
- Maintain and enhance LSEM presence in designated outreach sites
- Increase legal services education and outreach efforts and impact advocacy in designated area
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Provide quality assistance according to funding guidelines and LSEM’s Legal Work Management Manual
- Represent clients in litigation, administrative advocacy, and community advocacy
- Facilitate client counseling, advice, brief services and referrals
- Assist in the planning of mixed media education (substantive law) and outreach initiatives
- Collect and analyze data, plus use this information to assist in creating and improving current as well as future strategies and campaigns
- Troubleshoot challenges and implement new strategies for systemic legal success
Supervision is provided by the Directing Attorney; position requires ability to perform with minimal supervision.
No direct reports.
Minimal travel and would be primarily local during the business day.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Juris Doctorate
- Admission to Michigan Bar
- Prior litigation experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of communities to be served preferred
- Demonstrated ability to forge collaborations
- Innovative and solution-oriented problem resolution
- Ability to work with a wide range of clients and stakeholders
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Position covered by union contract
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications
Interested applicants should email a resume, references, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LSEM is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage all applicants to apply regardless of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, marital status, medical conditions, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation.