Legal Aid of Western Michigan (LAWM) has a position open for a Staff Attorney in itsGrand Rapids office. LAWM is a federally-funded, nonprofit law firm providing free legal representation to low-income individuals and families in a wide variety of poverty law areas including domestic violence, housing, public benefits, and consumer issues. LAWM is a regional firm that covers 17 counties, and the Grand Rapids office serves Ionia, Kent, Mecosta, and Montcalmcounties. For more information about LAWM, please visit our website at www.lawestmi.org.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A license to practice law in Michiganor be eligible to be admitted by waiver or have the ability to become licensed within 5 months;
- Demonstrated commitment to protecting the rights of low-income individuals and households;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Spanish language proficiency strongly preferred.
The Staff Attorney is expected to:
- Manage a civil litigation caseload, including, but not limited to, family law, housing law, consumer law & public benefits cases;
- Successfully manage multiple tasks; and
- Build collaborative relationships within the community.
From $48,687 DOE. LAWMoffers an excellent fringe benefit package including a retirement plan and a flex benefit account.
LAWM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TO APPLY, send resume and cover letter to Executive Assistant, Julia Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org